With Hang En Cave Adventure Junge Camp 2 days, you will see both Hang En and Hang Lanh Caves during this 2 day, 1 night adventure. Along the way, your guide will inform you about cave formation and the geology of the region. Your tour will wind through jungle, across streams, into two massive caves, and past a minority village, all situated within one of the prettiest national parks in the country.
- 25 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- Elevation change up to 400 m (between road and valleys)
- Multiple river crossings: 30 times (knee deep, 10 – 50 m wide river)
- Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves
- Dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics)
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: Picnic Lunch (Day 1 & 2), Breakfast (Day 2), Dinner (Day 1)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Secure Storage Facility at Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
What's Not Included
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 medium size towel and swimwear
- 1 -2 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite (warmer clothes in winter)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
- Medium size backpack (25 L) for your water bottle, personal belongings and provided caving helmet
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
Price for Group tour
Start your ultimate adventure with a pickup from your hotel in Phong Nha between 7:30 am and 8:00 am and a short transfer to our headquarters. Learn all about safety, collect your gear, and sign our Release Form before driving 45 mins through the National Park to reach the trailhead around 10:00 am.
The next three hours will take you on a trek down through the jungle and across Rao Thuong Valley. You’ll stop for a picnic lunch from about 1:00 – 1:30 pm to gain your energy for the next hour and a half’s journey to Hang Lanh.
From 3:30 – 5:30 pm, the group will venture into Hang Lanh and explore the first kilometer of the 4 km long cave. Hang Lanh is an active stream cave, with cold water running through it, and it is well decorated with stalagmite and stalactite formations. Rare fossils can be found in many places!
Back at camp, you’ll have time to relax before a sizzling grilled dinner is served, complete with rice wine and the sounds of the surrounding jungle. Sleep under the trees and the stars, and rest up for Hang En the following day.
Awake at 8:00 am for breakfast and pack up your belongings. Depart camp at 9:00 and trek to the entrance of Hang En. The entrance seems small for such a large cave which lies ahead; as you make your way to the main passage of the cave, you’ll be astounded by the view. From 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, you’ll explore Hang En: the cliffs above the beach, ancient fossils, and of course, the exit, which was featured in the film Pan.
After your exploration of the cave, you’ll have lunch on the beach within the cave while soaking up your surroundings. For the following few hours, make your way back through the mountainous river valley, through jungle and across streams, until reaching the minority village, Ban Doong, around 2:00 pm. Spend about 30 mins getting to know the elders of Ban Doong and then continue on. Enjoy a water break by the stream as you prepare for the biggest challenge ahead, climbing the treacherous hill up to the Ho Chi Minh Road. Watch out for leeches and push ahead to the road, where cold drinks are waiting. Return by vehicle to Phong Nha by 5:30 pm.
- Tour operates from late December to the end of August
- Transfer Dong Hoi - Phong Nha + 35$/minibus/way