The Hang Tien Discovery 1 day is fitting for both true adventurers and also those with limited outdoor experience. Enter into Hang Tien where you’ll be taken away by the swirling patterns of limestone and rock. Rimstone pools, known as gours, also greet you at the entrance. You’ll explore different passages of this river cave and be in awe of its massive ceiling and formations.
- Spend a night under a net of a thousand stars
- Get a chance to take a dip in the natural jungle pool on the way back
- Explore a beautiful cave with enormous size and spectacular formations
- Water and picnic lunch
- Porter to prepare meals and pump water
- Dry box is prepared in case of high water level
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- Eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat at lunch site
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 - 46
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store any luggage you will not be taking on the trek
What's Not Included
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Price for Group tour, Available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday
Price for Private tour, available any date
Pick up will take place from 7:00 – 7:30 am from your local hotel in Phong Nha. From there the tour will head an hour and a half to Tan Hoa office, located 70 km from Phong Nha. The drive is beautiful, passing alongside jungle, fields and over the historic Da Deo pass. During the drive, you’ll also listen to a safety briefing led by your experienced tour guide.
Arrive at the office around 9:00 am where you’ll sign your Release Form, and collect equipment such as jungle boots, water bottles, lights, helmets, etc. You can leave your extra luggage at our office in the storage room.
At around 9:30 am, the group will take a drive over to the drop off point and start at the trailhead by 10:00 am. The trek begins with a hike through the forest over a hill. The last kilometer before the cave is very rocky with many boulders, as if the cave terrain has spilled out onto the landscape in front of it. You’ll enter the spectacular cave and just inside, enjoy a BBQ feast, including fresh pork and traditional spring roll wraps (vegetarian option available). Around 12:30, you’ll start your exploration of the cave.
With formations rising up like a layer cake of rimstone pools and lush ferns, this cave is truly a unique specimen. As you explore, you’ll reach a small skylight in the cave, created from a shaft which overspills sunlight from the cave’s entrance. Beyond the skylight will be a ladder leading to the second section of the cave. You’ll venture through this next section of the cave, known as the high chamber. The exit of the cave lies just ahead – you have conquered Hang Tien!
You’ll make your way back, and get a chance to take a dip in the natural jungle pool you passed on the way in. You’ll have time for a coffee, a quick swim, and to take some photos before making your return journey.
You will be collected at the pickup point and head back to Tan Hoa. A shower awaits you at the office before the van ride back to Phong Nha at 6:00 pm. The tour will finish around 7:30 pm in Phong Nha.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday for group tour, any date for private tour (operates only from December to mid-September)
- Private tour is only applied from 11 pax up and max = 25 pax