What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Hanoi
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
Another new famous site in Northern Vietnam is Pu Luong Nature Reserve – a village home of the White Thai, Black Thai, and Muong Ethnic Minority communities. The scenery is well-known for large rice terraces and floating clouds like Sapa but much less touristic. This is a great location for hiking and hard trek through the forest and experience the simple life. The third day, you will have the chance to learn about the Ancient Capital Hoa Lu, ride on the Historical Sao Khe river in Ninh Binh. You will then cycle between the karst mountains to a local family house to learn about their daily life and customs.
- Join many exciting activities: cycling, trekking or walking around the village
- Visit the beautiful waterfalls, cool bamboo waterwheels and nice rice terraces in Pu Luong
- Experience the rural villages of the Black Thai Ethnic people and their local life by overnight at homestay
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus
- communal dorm/bamboo bungalow/villa
- Price Includes
- Entrance fees
- A/c Transportations
- Fun activities, bicycles
- All your accommodation
- Friendly and passionate local guides
- Meals mentioned in the tour itinerary
- Price Excludes
- VAT & travel insurance
- Drinks & Personal expense
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Package Travel
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi – Pu Luong (L, D) 200km
07:00 – 07:30 = Pick-up at Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter to go to Pu Luong Nature Reserve by Limousine Bus.
09:00 = Short break in Luong Son (Outside of Hanoi).
11:00 = Stop at the local market of the Muong Ethnic Minority; enjoy the beautiful scenery of Thung Khe Pass (One of the 10 most beautiful passes in Vietnam).
12:00 = Arrival in Mai Chau and transfer to a van to go to Pu Luong Reserve nature
13:00 =Check in and lunch at Pu Luong Eco Garden – The Mountain Retreat.
14:30 – 17:30 = Board the van to the starting point. Following the small road through the terrace rice and sugar cane fields, cross the Hanging Bridges to visit other remote rural villages of Thai Ethnic. Stop at the giant waterwheels, ducks farm to learn about the agriculture before getting on the Bamboo Raft for a relaxing cruise on Cham stream (cruise depending on weather conditions).
17:30 = Pick up the van to go to the Eco Garden – Mountain Retreat. Enjoy swimming in the Infinity Pool.
19:00 = BBQ Dinner at the lodge, enjoy some local rice wine. Have a quiet night in the middle of the Reserve.
*Sleeping options: Pu Luong Eco Garden – The Mountain Retreat. Traditional dorm room in the house on stilts or Private Room (no Air-con) or Deluxe Room with Air-con.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Traditional dorm / private room (Pu Luong Eco Garden )
- Day 2: Explore Kho Muong village and Doi Cave – Ninh Binh 120km. (B,L,D)
07:00 – 08:00 = Have breakfast in the lodge. Enjoying the breathtaking view from Pu Luong Eco Garden – The Mountain Retreat.
08:30 – 12:00 = Trek following the small roads through the terrace rice fields and cross the stream to visit remote hidden village of Kho Muong to learn about the local people in Pu Luong.(6kms) Explore Doi Cave (Bat cave), this is the largest cave in Pu Luong. (Depending on the weather condition)
12:00 = Back to the Eco Garden – The Mountain Retreat, check out.
13:00 = Have lunch and have free time to relax in the Infinity pool or walking around the village before boarding the Limousine bus to go to NinhBinh at 14:30.
17:30 = Arrive in Ninh Binh Retreat, check in and have free time.
19:00 = Have dinner at the retreat
*Sleeping options: Ninh Binh Retreat: Traditional dorm room in the house on stilts or bamboo bungalow (no Air-con) or Deluxe villa with Air-con.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Traditional dorm / bamboo bungalow/villa (Ninh Binh Retreat)
- Day 3: Cycling to Hoa Lu Ancient Capital and boat ride in Trang An (B,L)
7:30 – 8:30 = Breakfast at the Retreat
8:30 to 12:00 = Cycling through the limestone karsts to reach 2 temples of the first 2 Emperors in the 10 th Century in Hoa Lu Ancient Capital hike up the Ma Yen Mountain to visit the King’s tomb in 10 th century and enjoy the panorama view from the mountain. On the way back, stop in a local family to discover daily life and culture and share a tea with them.
12:00 -13:30 = Check out and have lunch at the Retreat
13:30 -16:00 = Go to TrangAn for a boat ride in between the karst pics and enjoy the beautiful scenery and peaceful atmosphere.
16:00 = Drop you off at NinhBinh Railway station or bus station or board the bus to go to Hanoi.
19:00 = Drop off in Hanoi old quarter. Tour ends.
Meals: B, L
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
01 Feb 2019
We did the 2 night 3 day trip to Pu Luong and Ninh Binh, it was a wonderful experience to see some of rural Vietnam. Our guide David was excellent, his english was fluent and very knowledgable about all areas we visited.
11 Jan 2019
We had 3 lovely days with our guide . We stayed at a beautiful home in Pu Luong, enjoy nature with a trekking and boottour, the same in Ninh Binh. Our guide listens to our wishes and had a lot to tell about everything.
24 May 2018
We traveled to Pu Luong and Ninh Binh and we could not ask for more! The scenery, guide, accommodation, food - everything was perfect! We give them our best recommendation!