Leave the busy life behind to enjoy a nice walk in an quiet area. Inhabited by the Red Dao and Hmong peoples. Matra valley is quiet and non touristic which is quite different from Ta Phin or Muong Hoa valleys where the local peoples have changed much because of the strong influence of tourism. Let’s come and join our trekking tour.
- Trekking to beautiful Suoi Ho village and visiting several local homes
- Admiring the beautiful scenery of Matra valley and terraced paddies as well as flower farm
- Passing several waterfalls before arriving to Ban Khoang, a village of the Red Zao ethnic peoples
- Local speaking guide, sightseeing tickets
- Accommodation at Panorama Sapa hotel
- Private car pick-up from village to Sapa town
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Joining with other guests on Van/ Bus pick up/ drop off Lao Cai station (Sapa)
- Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (Sharing 4 berths/ cabin with other guests)
What's Not Included
- Insurance, VAT
- Drinks & tips
- Personal expenses
- Drop off at hotel after tour
Standard Private tour
Price for Standard Private tour with standard double/twin sharing at Panorama Hotel and sharing shuttle bus Lao Cai - Sapa - Lao Cai.
Superior Private tour
Price superior double/twin sharing at Panorama Hotel or Sapa Vista. Sharing shuttle bus Lao Cai - Sapa - Lao Cai.
Deluxe Private tour
Price for Deluxe Private tour with deluxe double/twin sharing at Panorama Hotel or Sapa Vista. Sharing shuttle bus Lao Cai - Sapa - Lao Cai.
Please be ready at your hotel lobby around 20.30 for a short transfer to Hanoi railways station. Tonight you will travel to Lao Cai on sleeping train in the most comfortable 4 bed cabin compartment.
At 6.00, Driver pick you up at Lao Cai station, then transfer an hour to Sapa town where you have breakfast.
Start trekking start from here downhill and cross the stream to the other bank where Suoi Ho village beautifully sits on the top of a low hill. Spend half an hour to visit several local homes, then walking along a large path on hillsides which is paved with rock to get through Ma Tra village. This portion of the walk offers beautiful scenery of the valley and terraced paddies as well as flower farm. Paying visiting to a ruined of the French Catholic church at the end of the walk, then picked up and transfer by road 12km back to Sapa.
Stay overnight in Sapa.
After breakfast for a short road transfer heading northwards of Sapa to O Quy Ho with several stops for magnificent landscapes of Fansipan, Sin Chai valley, then turn right to follow a narrow road for half an hour getting through the wild region with thick rain forest covering walled-up mountains, passing several waterfalls before arriving to Ban Khoang, a village of the Red Zao ethnic peoples.
Spend over an hour walking to explore this remote village. Leaving Ban Khoang and process along the road for about 10km to Ta Giang Phinh valley inhabited by the Black Hmong who live in some small villages scattering along a peaceful stream.
Enjoy an hour lunch break on the bank of a stream before walking along village path which connects village to village to witness daily activities of local life such as plough and harrow the fields, growing, harvesting.
The walk ends in mid afternoon, picked up for the road ride back to Sapa.
Freshen up and then transfer down hill to Lao Cai station for taking the overnight train to Hanoi.
- Pick you up at your hotel at 8:30PM
- Beware of your luggage and money
- Inform in advance if you are vegetarian
- Train: A/C soft sleeper with 4 berths/cabin
- Please take your passport to check in hotel
- Train departure from Hanoi at 9:40PM or 10.00PM
- Passengers are advised to leave big luggage at hotel for convenience.
- Bring walking shoes, raincoat, jacket, extra clothes, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen...