What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Quang Binh
Suitable : Friends, Active Traveller, People have good health, over 18 years old
Type : Land tour
This is the perfect itinerary for everyone who is looking for an easy and enjoyable trek to the remote jungle & cave of Vietnam. The journey is suitable for family adventure with children and offers an outstanding outdoor trekking experience.
- Explore a 2-million-year-old river cave - Nuoc Nut
- Join many exciting activities: walking, wading, swimming
- Take unique and unforgettable moments in the legendary cave & jungle of Phong Nha
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
- 1 Lunch
- A/C transfer
- Price Includes
- Meals: picnic lunch
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare meals
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves and life-vests
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
- Price Excludes
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pair of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera
- Accommodation in Phong Nha (upon request)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Phong Nha – Hang Nuoc Nut – Phong Nha
The tour bus will pick you up at your hotel in Phong Nha at around 8:00AM to 8:30 AM on the departure date before heading to our headquarters located right next to Son River. You then will collect your equipment; attend the safety briefing & sign on the Release Form before getting back on the bus at 9:30AM for another 30-minute drive deeper to the National Park to the drop-off point.
From the trailhead, the team will get off the bus and start trekking through the jungle. You will spend about an hour to trek through Lang Va valley, learn about the biodiversity of flora and fauna in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park before stopping by the Nuoc Nut Cave entrance to have a short break and picnic lunch. A mouth-watering jungle-styled lunch has been prepared for everyone by porter team.
Back to the journey at around 12:30PM to travel deeper into the cave, you will meet a small entrance opening up to a much larger cave inside. Everyone will be asked to put on your Petzl helmets and Hope Technology 1500 lumen head lamps before proceeding deeper into the cave.
Once inside the low opening, the cave enlarges dramatically and there will be many of excellent photographic opportunities. This is a wonderful chance for you and the team to witness the marvelous formations, enormous passage with underground river. During this time, if you’re lucky enough, a natural sunbeam will be seen around this area. After spending about 3 hours to exploring Nuoc Nut Cave, you’ll finish the day trekking back through the jungle to the pick-up point before getting on the bus head back to our Headquarters. Depart at 4:30PM and you will be dropped at your hotel upon your request.
- You should get ready at Phong Nha at least 1 day before date of the tour
- Operating: from February to the end of August
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 4 reviews
Value for money
19 Nov 2018
The place is breathtaking, you get deep into the nature and do real adventure activities! And guided by a great team from Oxalis, they are great professionals! Me and my friends we were amazed with everything and could not point anything that I would change! I would say one of the top experiences I have had in Vietname! 100% recommended!
15 Mar 2018
Beyond Expectations My wife and I, both in our sixties, signed up for a 2 day program but after further thought changed to the Nuoc Nit Day. We walk a lot, trek some, swim and are active but this was a great test of our physical, teamwork and laughter factors. Picked up right on time and taken to Headquarters where we talked to the guide and met safety guide. Got fit for trekking shoes (good choice), piled in the van and off we went. Stopped to take a couple pictures and then stopped in the middle of the jungle. Looked out to a one foot wide path heading down into the jungle, looked at each other and said “.......” I’m not going to give away all the details, but to say the jungle trekking, rock walking, bolder sliding down, short swim, looking at the cave formations were part of a wonderful day. A little more.... after the trek, got to the cave and a fresh delicious lunch was very nicely laid out, our guides set up lights as we went thru the cave for perfect pictures ... So, it was a great time, beautiful scenery, many laughs. We have been traveling in SE Asia for 12 weeks. Our travel agency is a well run organization. Everyone knew they job, did it perfectly and made us feel very special. We have taken dozens of tours, our 2 guides were the best of the lot. There was always a hand to assist, a thumbs up to encourage and that feeling of safety always present. Anyone that feels regular adventure tours may be too much, and you are in decent shape, make time for this. It was a wonderful experience.
28 Jan 2018
Sincerky , THAT WAS THE BEST 1 DAY TOUR I TAKE IN MY LIFE . Activities were amazing , cre were so friendly and funny, caves were amazing . swimming hiking trekking .
28 Jan 2018
Everything was great!The guides looked after us all the time.The food the guys cooked at the base camp was excellent.The athmosphere was friendly and funny.The place is incredible beauty. Hightly Recommended!