What you’ll get
Duration : 4 days / 3 night(s)
Departure : Every Thu from Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Active traveler, Family, Friends
Type : Land tour
This special trip brings you to some of the most outstanding scenery of Sapa and Lao Cai: visit a special market of Bac Ha, visit villages (Ban Pho, Su Pan, Ban Ho, Trung Do) and different minorities (Tay, Black H’Mong, Flower H’Mong, Red Dao, Black Dzao, Dzay, Ha Nhi and Nung). You also have chance to enter several local houses to have some green tea, corn wine, listen to the host talking about their family, talk to them… and then enjoy landscapes on the way
- Experience the peaceful life of different minority peoples
- Enjoy Bac Ha people’s simple but unique kinds of food with special wines
- Explore the most colorful market of the hill tribes in the North of Vietnam - Bac Ha market
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Train, Shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- English speaking guide
- All meals on tour (B, L, D)
- Entrance fees to the villages
- Transport to Bac Ha market
- Pickup from Su Pan to Sapa
- Homestay in Ta Van village
- Pickup from hotel to Hanoi train station
- Tourist bus Lao Cai – Sapa – Lao Cai
- Return train tickets Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi
- Hotel accommodation in Sapa (double, twin, triple sharing)
- Price Excludes
- Insurance, VAT
- Surcharge for New Year, Luna New Year, Christmas
- Drinks & tips
- Personal expenses
- Drop off at hotel after tour
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Night 1 (Thu): Hanoi - Lao Cai
Pick up at your hotel (20.30) and transfer to Hanoi Railway Station to take the night train from to Lao Cai. Sleep on the train.
- Day 1 (Fri): Lao Cai - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van
05.00 - 05.30AM: Arrive in Lao Cai early in the morning. Pick up and transfer to Sapa, refresh and breakfast at the hotel.
09.30AM: 12 km of trekking, visit Y Linh Ho and Lao Chai villages of the H’mong minority. after lunch at a local family in Lao Chai or in a drinking shop nearby the river bank, we keep on hiking to Ta Van village of the Dzay where we stay overnight in a local family. Here you have opportunity to experience their daily life, work and original custom.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 2 (Sat): Ta Van - Giang Ta Chai - Su Pan - Sapa
Breakfast will be serving at the homestay at about 8Am
Start trekking at 9:30am, about 14 km walking to visit 2 villages of the red Dzao, the H’mong (Giang Ta Chai & Su Pan). Visit a beautiful waterfall and rattan bridge. Enjoy landscapes… through bamboo forest on the way to the main road to get the jeep to return to Sapa. Free time and overnight at hotel in Sapa.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3 (Sun): Bac Ha market - Lao Cai
After breakfast, heading to Bac Ha Market. Located at 110km from Sapa, Bac Ha mountain town is well-known by travelers with the most colorful market of the hill tribes in the North of Vietnam. This every-Sunday-market attended by at least 8 ethnic groups and last from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM. It is also chance for tourists to discover the H’mong King’s palace (old building built by the French & Chinese).
In the afternoon, we go for a light trek to visit Ban Pho, the village is home to flower H’mong minority. We are invited to enter several local houses to have some green tea, corn wine, listen to the host talking about their family, talk to them… and then enjoy landscapes on the way before heading to Lao Cai for the night train back to Hanoi. End of tour.
Meals: B, L, D
- Tour only departure on every Thu
- Pick you up at your hotel at 8:30PM
- Beware of your luggage and money Inform in advance if you are vegetarian
- Train: A/C soft sleeper with 4 berths/cabin
- Please take your passport to check in hotel
- Train departure from Hanoi at 9:40PM or 10.00PM
- Accommodation: homestay, Sapa Vista or Panorama 3* Passengers are advised to leave big luggage at hotel for convenience
- Bring walking shoes, raincoat, jacket, extra clothes, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen...
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 4 reviews
Value for money
13 Dec 2018
This sunday market offers a very interesting experience. The market is mostly for local H'mong people to come and trade their products. This also offer a great chance for tourists to take some amazing photos and understand more about the local life. Highly recommend
04 Jun 2018
The time to visit this market is on a Sunday. There are numerous buses running from Sapa and Lao Cai in the morning and returning in the afternoon. Plenty of stalls selling local craft which is beautiful and inexpensive. The animal section located a short walk from the centre is worth a visit, with water buffalo , dogs, chickens, ducks etc on sale
05 Mar 2018
Bac Ha is nice place to spend your Sunday Morning. You will see a lot of exotic live animals for sale. Colored clothing and if you are adventurous in regards with the food. Try their specialty named “Thang Co”.
28 Dec 2016
One of the best market that we have visited so far, so bright with colours and people and items and dresses. Ethnic minorities come to sell their goods on Sunday, and they are an attraction in itself, due to their beautiful dresses. The market is well divided and organized, with a "fresh" (fruit, vegetables, spices)) area, a "food" (cooked and fresh) area, an "animal" (selling buffalos, and the like) area, a "fabrics/souvenir" area. You cannot get lost but you can easily spend hours wandering around the hundreds of stalls. Best visited from 8am to 9am.