What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 3 nights
Departure : Hanoi or Sapa
Suitable : Active traveler, Family, Friends
Type : Land tour
Leave the busy life behind to enjoy a nice walk in an quiet area. Inhabited by the Red Dao and Hmong peoples. Matra valley is quiet and non touristic which is quite different from Ta Phin or Muong Hoa valleys where the local peoples have changed much because of the strong influence of tourism. Let's come and join our trekking tour.
- Trekking to beautiful Suoi Ho village and visiting several local homes
- Enjoying the beautiful scenery of Matra valley and terraced paddies as well as flower farm
- Passing several waterfalls before arriving to Ban Khoang, a village of the Red Zao ethnic peoples
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Train, Shuttle bus
- Hotel - 1 night
- Price Includes
- Local speaking guide, sightseeing tickets
- Accommodation at Panorama Sapa hotel
- Private car pick-up from village to Sapa town
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Joining with other guests on Van/ Bus pick up/ drop off Lao Cai station (Sapa)
- Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (Sharing 4 berths/ cabin with other guests)
- Price Excludes
- Insurance, VAT
- Surcharge for New Year, Luna New Year, Christmas
- Drinks & tips
- Personal expenses
- Drop off at hotel after tour
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Night 1: Train from Hanoi to Lao Cai
Please be ready at your hotel lobby around 20.30 for a short transfer to Hanoi railways station. Tonight you will travel to Lao Cai on sleeping train in the most comfortable 4 bed cabin compartment
- Day 1: Lao Cai – Suoi Hoa village – Matra valley
At 6.00, Driver pick you up at Lao Cai station, then transfer an hour to Sapa town where you have breakfast.
Start trekking start from here downhill and cross the stream to the other bank where Suoi Ho village beautifully sits on the top of a low hill. Spend half an hour to visit several local homes, then walking along a large path on hillsides which is paved with rock to get through Ma Tra village. This portion of the walk offers beautiful scenery of the valley and terraced paddies as well as flower farm. Paying visiting to a ruined of the French Catholic church at the end of the walk, then picked up and transfer by road 12km back to Sapa.
Stay overnight in Sapa.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Panorama Hotel or Sapa Vista
- Day 2: Ban Khoang – Ta Giang Phinh – Night train back Hanoi
After breakfast for a short road transfer heading northwards of Sapa to O Quy Ho with several stops for magnificent landscapes of Fansipan, Sin Chai valley, then turn right to follow a narrow road for half an hour getting through the wild region with thick rain forest covering walled-up mountains, passing several waterfalls before arriving to Ban Khoang, a village of the Red Zao ethnic peoples.
Spend over an hour walking to explore this remote village. Leaving Ban Khoang and process along the road for about 10km to Ta Giang Phinh valley inhabited by the Black Hmong who live in some small villages scattering along a peaceful stream.
Enjoy an hour lunch break on the bank of a stream before walking along village path which connects village to village to witness daily activities of local life such as plough and harrow the fields, growing, harvesting.
The walk ends in mid afternoon, picked up for the road ride back to Sapa.
Freshen up and then transfer down hill to Lao Cai station for taking the overnight train to Hanoi.
Meals: B, L, D
- Pick you up at your hotel at 8:30PM
- Beware of your luggage and money
- Inform in advance if you are vegetarian
- Train: A/C soft sleeper with 4 berths/cabin
- Please take your passport to check in hotel
- Train departure from Hanoi at 9:40PM or 10.00PM
- Passengers are advised to leave big luggage at hotel for convenience.
- Bring walking shoes, raincoat, jacket, extra clothes, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen...
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.2Based on 4 reviews
Value for money
01 Feb 2019
Wonderful tour. Made great friends along the way, and enjoyed picture-perfect Sapa valley. I liked how your staff was very friendly, fluent in English, and safely guided the group through some challenging terrains. Nicely done
28 Oct 2018
We booked the trip in 3-night 2-day to visit Sapa and it was turned out extremely amazing. We took a night train and it was comfortable with very good A/C. Sapa itself was incredibly beautiful. We absolutely loved the breathtaking views of the terraced rice paddies, steep hills and ethnic villages, like a picturesque. It was great to meet and interact with the villagers to know more about the local life. A great experience and good value for money!
08 Aug 2018
Did a wonderful teo day trek. My tourguide was lovely and helpful. Sapa is such a beautiful place!
04 May 2018
We went tracking for 2 days. We were three generations together, my two sons aged 9 & 12, me and my partner and my father aged 70 with his partner. Our guide has in-depth knowledge of the area, the traditions of the local people and the nature. I found him to be perfectly balancing sharing information and just letting us walk in silence and enjoy the trip. She listened to our needs and came up with suggestions for different route options. All three generations found him likable and a perfect guide to be on tour with! Everyone was really happy with the trip. Thank you! We highly recommend you to anyone that wants to experience hiking in the Sapa area.