This tour offers a glimpse into the amazing beauty of the Tu Lan area: caves, karst mountains, jungle, and waterfalls. It is an opportunity to escape civilization and go deep into the rugged and untouched nature of Vietnam for two-days and one-night with a professional English-speaking guide and jungle porter team.
- Have a solid taste of adventure in the amazing Tu Lan jungle and cave system
- Experience a night in the jungle at our amazing Tu Lan campsite located by a beautiful waterfall
- Join climbing, trekking, and swimming through river caves, and enjoy a delicious BBQ beside the campfire
- Meals: picnic lunches, breakfast (day 2), dinner (day 1)
- Camping gear: hammock/tent, camp light, sleeping bag
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Katadyn (Swiss-made) water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 38 – 46
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek.
What's Not Included
- 1 medium size towel
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 2-3 pairs of calf length close weave socks (not ankle socks!)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite plus your swim suit
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Price for Group tour, Available Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Price for Private Tour
You’ll be picked up at your hotel in Phong Nha between 8:00 am and 8:30 am, before venturing off to the village of Tan Hoa, located 70 km away. After a safety briefing and gear check, it’s off and away for a full day of trekking!
The trek begins with a 2.5 km march across fields of peanut crops, giant water buffaloes, towering corn stalks, and down to the Rao Nan River.
The adventure accelerates with a 30 m climb up a rocky hill to a small jungle opening where you can catch your breath before a 100 m descent in elevation down to Hung Ton Valley.
Lunch will be enjoyed in the Hung Ton Cave opening and then the adventure picks up again with some serious trekking from Hung Ton Valley and over to Mango Mountain, then back down into TuLan Valley (3 km).
By mid afternoon, Tu Lan campsite will be on the horizon, where swimming can be enjoyed in the beautiful waterfall. Afternoon activities include exploring and swimming through Ken Cave, located next to the campsite, and after that it’s back to camp for a delicious BBQ dinner.
Sleep will come easy in comfortable hammocks set up amongst the trees!
The second day starts with a hearty breakfast, and more cave exploration. Tu Lan Cave (both wet and dry sections) are first on the agenda, followed by lunch back at your campsite.
You’ll then be off on a swim (450 m) and trek (500 m) through Hang Kim to To Mo Valley, before continuing with a swim through Hung Ton Cave.
Following this is the exploration of a dry passage, and then a trek down into Hung Ton Valley (800 m).
After crossing this valley, it’s time to climb up over a small rocky mountain to get to Hang Chuot (Rat Cave).
After seeing Hang Chuot (300 m), the tour winds down by crossing the Rao Nan River and picturesque fields (2.5 km).
Arrival in Tan Hoa is followed by a chance to take in the scenery with a cold drink in hand.
Showers are available for those who would like to clean up and change, and then departure back to Phong Nha is at around 4 pm, with arrival in Phong Nha by 5:30 pm.
- Minimum 2 pax
- Transfer Dong Hoi - Phong Nha +$35/minibus/way
- Departure on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday for group tour, any date for private tour
- Operated from November to mid-September (closed from mid-September to the first week of November)