This adventure tour offers the perfect balance between trekking, caving, climbing, squeezing and swimming, combined with enough time to enjoy two spectacular campsites over three-days and two-nights! Join us for your life experience.
- See the limestone mountain and the beautiful natural swimming lagoon
- Spend the night camping inside a small cave wedged within the limestone mountain
- Experience adventure the very best wild caves of the region including Hang Ken Cave, Hang Kim Cave, Secret Cave, Hung Ton Cave and Tu Lan Cave
- Camping gear: hammock/tent, camp light, sleeping bag
- Meals: picnic lunches, breakfast (day 2 & 3), dinner (day 1 & 2)
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Katadyn (Swiss-made) water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek.
What's Not Included
- 1 medium size towel
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite and swim suit
- 2-3 pairs of calf length close weave socks (not ankle socks!)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 2 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Price for Group tour
Price for Private Tour
You will be picked up in Phong Nha between 8:00 am and 8:30 am at your hotel and driven to the little village of Tan Hoa for your initial safety briefing.
Then,you set off across sweeping fields for 2.5 km to the Rao Nan River, where climbing ensues (50 m), up a rocky slope to find the entrance of Secret Cave for your first cave discovery.
You continue trip by trekking through Hung Ton Valley and up Hung Ton Mountain. It’s 2 km more along the mountain ridge until Mango Mountain, where the reward is a picnic lunch and from there, the trek continues into and through Tu Lan Valley (2 km).
You’ll finish your afternoon on a more relaxed note with swimming around the waterfall, followed by a BBQ dinner, and singing around the campfire until sleep overcomes you.
The morning arrives with another full day of adventure. Shortly following breakfast comes a 200 m swim directly into Tu Lan Cave.
Trek 2 km back through the valley to loop back to camp for more waterfall swimming, a rest, and picnic lunch.
Post-lunch, it’s a 200 m swim into Ken Cave, followed by a 500 m trek to Hang Kim where swimming (450 m) and exploration (500 m) continues before adventuring 500 m on through To Mo Valley to the To Mo Cave campsite.
Enjoy another beautifully prepared dinner, and the unique experience of camping inside a cave set deep in the Vietnamese jungle.
The last day continues to exude more adventure with breakfast and then a morning swim 200 m upstream past the waterfall and through Hung Ton Cave via what is usually the exit of the cave.
Investigation of the dry passage leads to a 15 m ladder climb up to the entrance of Hung Ton. After trekking across Hung Ton Valley and over the hill to La Ken Valley (2.5 km), enjoy lunch by the river prior to visiting Hang Chuot (300 m).
Early afternoon holds the return trip across Rao Nan River, the beautiful fields, and back to Tan Hoa (2.5 km), where a cold drink will be calling your name.
Showers are available for those who would like to clean up and change. The tour returns to Phong Nha by 5:30 pm.
- Tour Guide + $5
- Minimum 2 pax
- Available Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Operating: mid-November to mid-September
- Transfer Dong Hoi - Phong Nha +$35/way