What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : hotel in Phong Nha
Suitable : Family, couple, solo traveler
Type : Land tour
This adventure tour offers the perfect balance between trekking, caving, climbing, squeezing and swimming, combined with enough time to enjoy two spectacular campsites over three-days and two-nights! Join us for your life experience.
- See the limestone mountain and the beautiful natural swimming lagoon
- Spend the night camping inside a small cave wedged within the limestone mountain
- Experience adventure the very best wild caves of the region including Hang Ken Cave, Hang Kim Cave, Secret Cave, Hung Ton Cave and Tu Lan Cave
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- A/C transfer
- Price Includes
- Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag, pillow, mattresses
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Semi-dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside the (light PVC) backpack
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunches (day 1, 2 & 3), breakfast (days 2 & 3), dinner (day 1 & 2)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (20cm x 15cm or 22cm x 20cm and limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters), and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
- Price Excludes
- 1 medium size towel
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 2-3 pairs of calf length close weave socks (not ankle socks!)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite plus your swimsuit
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no showcases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare.
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare.
- Day 1: Phong Nha - Tan Hoa - Tu Lan
You will be picked up in Phong Nha between 7:30 am and 8:00 am at your hotel and driven to the little village of Tan Hoa for your initial safety briefing. Please be noted that Release Form needs to be signed before you are getting to the jungle.
You’ll then set off across sweeping fields for 2.5 km to the Rao Nan River, making your way up to the short hill into Rat Cave.
Explore 300m in Rat Cave with spectacular calcite stalagmites, then make your way back out for a picnic lunch served next to the river in La Ken Valley.
You’ll then climb 150 m increasing in elevation up Lom Com Mountain. Keep going through Flat Rock Peak and make your way to Mango Peak on Mango Mountain. After a quick break, the trek continues down into Tu Lan Valley (2 km).
You’ll finish your afternoon on a more relaxed note with swimming around the waterfall, followed by a BBQ dinner, and singing around the campfire until sleep overcomes you
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Ken Cave – Tu Lan – Hang Kim – To Mo
The morning arrives with another full day of adventure. Shortly following breakfast comes a swim directly into Ken Cave.
After exploring this longest cave in Tu Lan Cave System, you will return back to camp for more waterfall swimming, a rest, and picnic lunch.
Post-lunch, it’s a 200 m swim into Tu Lan Cave, followed by a 1.5 km trek to Hang Kim where swimming (450 m) and exploration (500 m) continues before adventuring 500 m on through To Mo Valley to the To Mo Cave campsite.
Enjoy another beautifully prepared dinner, and camping within graceful To Mo Valley.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: To Mo - Song Oxalis Cave - Hung Ton - Tan Hoa - Phong Nha
The last day continues to exude adventure and a good balance between trekking and swimming. At 8AM, after breakfast, you and the team will explore Song Oxalis Cave – a marvelous creature of Tu Lan Cave System. After that, you will get back to the campsite and enjoy some snacks before getting back on the journey. The guide then leads the team to trek and swim 100 m upstream past the waterfall and through Hung Ton Cave via the exit of the cave. Investigation of the dry passage leads to a 15 m ladder climb up to the entrance of Hung Ton.
Early afternoon holds the return trip across Rao Nan River, the beautiful fields and back to Tan Hoa (2.5 km), where a cold drink will be calling your name. Showers are available for those who would like to clean up and change. The tour returns to Phong Nha by 5:30 pm.
Meals: B, L
- Minimum 2 pax
- Departure on Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Operating: mid-November to mid-September
- Transfer Dong Hoi - Phong Nha +$35/7-seat car/way
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
20 Jun 2017
We had a great time doing this trekking tour which included a lot of swimming. This was much more comfortable than we had expected - a new experience to swim with clothes an shoes on - but we felt well equipped. Helmets, head-lamps, gloves, life jackets and water proofed bags were provided. It was a great experience to swim through the caves... Our guide, was very helpful, especially when my son fell sick on one day. His English was excellent. Our whole group really enjoyed the tour. The camps were quite comfortable with compost toilets which had even toilet seats, single or double tents and great food. They were always near a river so we could have pleasant swims in the mornings/evenings. On our next trip to Vietnam, we will definitely come back!
16 Apr 2017
1 - Amazing view. 2 - Funny guide. 3 - Friendly atmosphere. 4 - Interesting experience. =====> all of above make my trip worthy.
19 Mar 2017
Did the 3D2N tour, supremely organized trip with great guides. We were lucky to be grouped with some really nice and lovely people. The trekking on the first day was fairly tough, enough to get the heart going and call it an adventure. The second day when the cave swimming begins is where the trip goes a whole new level - an experience that cant be missed and probably not something you will find commonly elsewhere. The food on the trip was also fantastic. Highlight also include a venomous viper near our toilet, this is the genuine experience if you're up for it. The company employs people from the local area thus giving the chance to interact as well as contribute back to the community. The guides also readily collect away any trash that is seen along the way.