Perfume Pagoda is a popular destination to worldwide and nationwide visitors, a cultural festival attracts travelers of all ages. In this short excursion, you will have chance to visit a system of temples and caves located in a green mountain.
The Perfume pagoda is one of the highlights of the Hanoi area and one of the most important religious sites in Buddhist Vietnam. Every spring, after the Vietnamese New Year, thousands of Vietnamese pilgrims come here to pray for all the health and prosperity they need to get them through the year. The pagoda itself is situated in a huge cave built into limestone cliffs and can only be reached by boat as there are no roads. You glide along scenic waterways and walk up steep mountain paths, visiting the pagodas and temples built in this area over the centuries.
- Enjoy a local lunch near Thien Tru pagoda
- Take a scenic boat trip down the Yen river between dramatic limestone cliffs
- Visit the beautiful Pagoda and Cave and learning more about religion and society in Vietnam
- English speaking guide
- Drinking water during the trip
- All transportation and transfers
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Pre & Post trip accommodation in Hanoi
- Food & drink not mentioned in the itinerary
Private tour price
Private tour price
Departing Hanoi we have a two hour drive through the picturesque countryside and back roads to the village of Duc for some refreshments before boarding our boats for a 1.5 hour ride along the scenic Yen river, surrounded by dramatic limestone cliffs.
After this we walk to the Thien Tru Pagoda (Heaven’s Kitchen) and the Perfume cave and pagoda - an hours walk in total.
On our way back we visit Giai Oan and Tuyet Son pagodas.
Lunch will be at one of the little food stalls near Thien Tru pagoda.
After lunch the boat will take us back to our bus for the drive back to Hanoi.
We arrive in Hanoi around 18.30.